Announcements

St Francis Hospice - Opportunities

Picture of Carol Crouch
St Francis Hospice - Opportunities
by Carol Crouch - Monday, 24 October 2016, 8:51 AM

Taken from an email received into the college

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW 

Hello

We are a small local charity for local people called Saint Francis Hospice working across the five local boroughs with people who have life limiting illnesses. We currently have 15 retail outlets and are currently offering students from local colleges and universities an opportunity to take up hands on work experience, cash handling, merchandising, face to face customer service, telephone skills, sorting of donations and how we come up with the prices that we do especially for antiques or items which come to us which are somewhat different. This may be something that they would like to do long term which is not a problem all we ask is that they are able to donate 4 hours of their time a week.  Any student who works with us for 3 months or more will be given a written reference helping them when they go to interviews, demonstrating that they have current skills which have been put to good use within their local community.

If this is something you would like to offer your students or you would like to have a more in depth chat regarding this please I would be more than happy to speak to you or any of your students. Please see me contact details below. My mobile is probably the easiest way of contacting me or alternatively contact the office and leave a message and I will get back to you.    

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon

Regards

Sandra B Sutton

Area Retail Manager

Saint Francis Hospice Retail

Unit 10 Ashton Gate, Ashton Road

Harold Hill, Romford

RM3 8UF

Driect Line: 01708 349493

Mobile: 07535 350145

E-mail: sandrasutton@sfh.org.uk